Thursday, September 9, 2010

A little late - but Boomsday Photos!

I’m a little late with this, as Boomsday was this past Sunday.  However, work and school have a nasty tendency to get in the way.

We had planned on going down early, but since this was our first ‘official’ Boomsday, we didn’t know how early we needed to be there.

Apparently, you need to be there very early. In fact, much earlier than when we arrived:


We have a plan for next year, since the youngest one will be a bit older, and more understanding of wait times.  He got a little restless the three hours that we were there before the fireworks.  Next year, we won’t ‘listen’ to the list of ‘Don’ts’ and will bring us some entertainment, snacks and drinks.  Everyone else did!  The fireworks were gorgeous though; well worth the wait.  I wish we had gotten just a touch closer so we could have seen the fireworks that rained down off the bridge a bit better, but we had a pretty decent view over all.  Here are some photos, straight out of the camera.
































I REALLY wish I could have gotten a good photo of the sea of people leaving the event.  It was an amazing scene.  Unfortunately, my flash was just not strong enough, and I didn’t bring my speedlight, although I don’t think it would have done any good either.  There is a HUGE hill that you need to walk up to get off the water front, picture people shoulder to shoulder walking up this hill.  Wild sight.  Anyway, that’s it for now!  I have to get back to school work and make dinner.  Chili-Rubbed pork chops and I don’t know what else to make with it, probably mashed potatoes and gravy and a veggie LOL.  Have a great night!



No comments:

Post a Comment